Mount Olympus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mount Olympus, just recently the gods have decided to train some of their children up here, and you are one of them.

3 posters

Meet Amara ((Open to the first two))

Amara Roldi
    Amara Roldi
    Daughter of Poseidon

Meet Amara ((Open to the first two)) Empty Meet Amara ((Open to the first two))

Post  Amara Roldi Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:17 pm

The crinkling sound of a candy wrapper was heard as Amara stabbed one with a trash stick before stuffing it into a plastic bag. It was her simple way of saying 'Thank you' to the Sea God. The demigods who had recently been arriving seemed careless and forgetful. This beach was not theirs like the one back at that camp on Long Island. What was it called? Camp Demigod? It was something like that. The ones still coming in seemed to forget that they couldn't litter on the sacred ground. She may have seemed like a suck up to most of the new demigods coming in, but she only saw it as a way to show all of the Gods how grateful she was for pulling her out of her old life. To think that one of them was actually her father and that he cared enough to pull her out. She was more than grateful to him most of all.

Turning around, Amara realized that she had cleaned the beach as best as she could with her single plastic bag. Happy with her work, and hoping that Poseidon would be pleased with her. Hopefully he would understand that she knew what a big deal it was to be on Olympus and that she would not forget. She would never forget her debt to the Gods. Setting the bag on the ground, she sat down on the warm sand. Later she would probably find the grains in her dress, but she didn't mind. She let her toes dig into the sand and closed her eyes. She loved the Gods and her father. The thought occasionally bothered her. The thought was, 'Why hadn't they come sooner?'. It was always pushed away. The fact was that they came at all.

Amara didn't detest her mother either. She was doing what she thought was best for her daughter. . . . or so she tried to fool herself into believing that. She knew the truth though, her mother cared only for herself. She wouldn't have cared if her boyfriend had so much as raped her daughter. She just wanted drugs and an easy life. Amara was the ticket to it. It came to her often, especially when she was alone, even after a year had passed. It was also the times such as this that made her feel so alone. She knew the Gods were there, but they couldn't help her every need. She was lucky that they had helped one of them.

It was too much for Amara to think about. A tear slid down her cheek. She hated crying out in the open like she was. In bed in the Hermes cabin she didn't mind so much, at least she could be silent and nobody would see her there. Biting the inside of her cheek, she wiped the tear away and muttered 'Ow' just in case someone was standing behind her. That way she could put on the illusion that sand had gotten into her eye. Either way the tears had to stop. Her mother didn't care then and she wouldn't care now. All the stealing in the world wouldn't have made her mother love her as a daughter.

Standing up, Amara picked up her bag to throw it away. She let her fake, but not obvious, smile come to her face as she went off to toss the garbage. As she turned to leave, someone was standing there. (It was a good thing she had decided to put on a facade)

"Hello!" Amara said. She probably looked quite frightening holding the sharp stick, but hopefully her friendly appearance wouldn't scare the someone away. "I'm Amara, who are you?" She asked politely.

((Please do not respond unless you can keep up with my length at a decent pace. Meaning None of you people who only do the minimum :PP))
    Carly Stewart
    Carly Stewart
    Daughter of Aphrodite

Character sheet

Meet Amara ((Open to the first two)) Empty Re: Meet Amara ((Open to the first two))

Post  Carly Stewart Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Let's start off with saying that it's almost impossible to sleep when there's a crazy dog barking out your window. Carly was trying to rest a little after she'd finished her lessons, and her puppy Eloise was preventing that. She was barking like a maniac, like she usually did when someone had walked passed the cabin. The daughter of Aphrodite got up to get Eloise to stop. Carly assured her that no one was going to hurt her. Although, the reason for Eloise's barking probably wasn't because she was scared. The Yorkie just got excited easily and probably wanted to go say hello to everyone. That could be possible since there weren't a lot of people here yet.

After a little while, Carly brushed her hair and went outside with Eloise. The jingling of the puppy's collar let Carly know that she near still nearby. Eloise never went to far away, but sometimes got distracted by a squirrell or a bunny in the bushes. After a few minutes of just walking around the cabins area, Carly decided to go down by the beach. It wasn't a very cold day, so it would probably be fun.

The thing about Eloise that worried Carly was that her barking would keep the other Aphrodite kids awake. When Carly first got Eloise, the Yorkie always barked at anyone who passed by the house. After a few days, it apparently got boring and Eloise stopped. Carly hoped that she'd do the same on Mount Olympus. But, Carly didn't have to worry about bothering the othe Aphrodite kids for now. There were only two others in the cabin, and they had the same father as well as the same mother. They'd both deicded to move to Camp Half-Blood, so Carly was currently the only one in the Aphrodite cabin.

As the daughter of Aphrodite got closer to the beach, she saw someone there already. A girl who looked to be about Carly's age was walking around the beach. She seemed to be picking up trash. Carly smiled. How nice of her! she thought. But the daughter of Aphrodite didn't understand why people would want to leave their trash on a beautiful beach anyway. She wouldn't worry about that now, though. She went to go say hello to the girl.

Carly was about to say something when the girl turned around and greeted Carly warmly. She introduced herself as Amara. Carly smiled.
    "Hey Amara. I'm Carly," the daughter of Aphrodite said as Eloise sat down at Carly's feet. "I think it's really nice of you to clean up the beach! But I don't understand why the other people here would've let the litter build up in the first place. It's disrespectful to the gods. Afterall, this is their home." Carly shook her head.
    Amara Roldi
    Amara Roldi
    Daughter of Poseidon

Meet Amara ((Open to the first two)) Empty Re: Meet Amara ((Open to the first two))

Post  Amara Roldi Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Standing before Amara was a girl and a small dog. Carly, as she had introduced herself, must've been one of the new demigods from Camp Demigod. It was going to be interesting seeing more demigods around now, especially since most of the people around her were Gods, Nymphs, Satyrs, or something else. They all had their own duties to attend to, while there really was nothing for her to do but train. Occasionally Lady Athena would allow her into her library to learn about the ancient Greek civillization. While it wasn't one of the most important things to her, it seemed to be one of the best pass-times, even if she didn't like learning.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Carly, who is this little cutie?" Amara asked as she sent a warm smile the dogs way. It would be polite to know the name of the girl's dog aswell. That way if the girl and dog were ever seperated she could help out in the least bit of way. It would be a shame to lose the little dog though. It probably was a sweet little pooch.

"Why thank you, but you shouldn't think of it as nice. It's the least that I can do for Lord Poseidon. This is his beach afterall," Amara said as she looked up at the sky. It was always sunny on Olympus, and even just a tad bit warmer on Poseidon's beach. "I don't mean to place the blame on anyone, but ever since those kids from Camp Demigod arrived, things have been messier. . . . no offense to you of course! You seem to understand what the Gods have done for us," Amara spoke again, hoping that she did not come across as rude to Carly.

"When did you arrive here?" Amara asked, trying to make conversation. It would be nice to have more company besides the Gods and other creatures, not that she minded them in the least bit. She began to walk down the shoreline, hoping that Carly would follow her. They could have a nice chat. Just as she took her second step though, her stick went flying forward and her bag slipped behind her as she fell on her face.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make a scene!" Amara scrambled to gather her things. She was such a klutz at the worst of times.
    Athena
    Athena

Character sheet

Post  Athena Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Athena hated too go too Poiseiden's beach First of all she and that sea god were enemies and second of all she had too call him uncle, Athena was know in her demigod form which was honey blond hair and gray eyes which most of her chidren has got from her she had a mortal shirt that said, "Proud To Be me!" It didnt look right on the Godess of wisdom herself, she finally stopped and saw two girls talking and smiling, Hey they might be real demigods SHe thought just then she walked over too the two girls and said,"Hello I'm Hayley and you are?"

((Im not good at the long posts..))
    Carly Stewart
    Carly Stewart
    Daughter of Aphrodite

Character sheet

Post  Carly Stewart Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 am

"This is Eloise," Carly said, picking up the dog. Eloise panted and barked happily. Then, Amara explained how the other demigods shouldn't have let the beach get this messy. "Oh, no, I understand! The gods have been kind to us." Eloise jumped down and started running in circles as if she understood how great it was to be living here. The wind swept through Carly's hair, and her eyes rested on the water. The deep blue waves hit the shore, but then calmed. Poseidon must be keeping the waves slowed down a little.

"I arrived here a few days ago. It surprised me when I was claimed almost immediately!" Carly replied. "How about you?" Eloise was pawing at a round seashell in the sand. Then, the shell started to move. It turned out to be a hermit crab! Eloise yelped when her toy had got up and walked away. The puppy ran back to Carly, hiding. The daughter of Aphrodite giggled.

A few minutes later, Amara stumbled and fell over. Carly rushed to help her. "Are you alright?" the daughter of Aphrodite asked helping her up. Then, another girl walked over to them. She introduced herself as Hayley. She was probably another demigod here. "Hi, Hayley. I'm Carly." Carly looked back over at Eloise. She was standing in a way that seemed like she was focusing on something, or maybe picked up a scent. Then, without any kind of warning, she took off running at full speed, her collar jingling. "Eloise!" Carly said as the puppy ran down the beach. She wasn't going near the water, which was good. "I'm sorry, I need to go get her!" She said to Amara and Hayley. The daughter of Aphrodite ran down the beach, following Eloise.
    Amara Roldi
    Amara Roldi
    Daughter of Poseidon

Post  Amara Roldi Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:31 pm

"Wow really? Only a few days and you've already been claimed?" Amara asked, trying to sound happy for the girl, but she couldn't help but hurt. She had been there for over a year, and nothing. She had heard nothing from her true father, whoever he was. Her face held the same smile she had been wearing as she spoke to the girl. Maybe the demigods from Camp Demigod were a higher priority than her. Yes, that had to be it. Besides, her father was probably very busy, she was almost sure he was busy all the time. That was his reason.

"Thank you, I'm fine," Amara said as she stood up and then continued to speak, "I've been here over a year. Whoever my father is took me here. I'm very grateful to him." She kept on smiling. Just as she had finished speaking, another girl had arrived. Amara wouldn't admit it, but by now she could recognize the different demigod forms of the Gods. She knew the basic ones at least. However, she would let the illusion carry on and act as if she was oblivious aswell.

"Hello Hayley. I'm Amara. It's a pleasure to meet you," Amara said just as the little dog, Eloise went running down the beach. Carly said something about having to get the little pup and chased after it. Holding her hands behind her back, she watched as the girl chased her puppy down the shoreline. She couldn't help but wonder who she was the daughter of. She was clueless. For all she knew she could have just encountered Lord Zeus' demigod daughter.

"Well Hayley, how are you on this fine evening?" Amara asked politely as she did with everyone.
    Athena
    Athena

Character sheet

Post  Athena Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Athena smiled at the girl who introduced herself as Amara, she smiled at the demigod girl and said in a slight none Olympian voice,"Well Amara I am doing well this afternoon, you?" Athena hoped that worked, I hope she doesnt find out that Im a GodessShe thought silently staring at Amara with her wise gray eyes. When Athena heard Amara talk about her god father,I must know who that is..She thought just then she smiled at Amara and said,"I really love this beach!" Athena was lying about that she didnt really like akward silences.
    Carly Stewart
    Carly Stewart
    Daughter of Aphrodite

Character sheet

Post  Carly Stewart Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Carly sprinted down the beach as fast as she could. Her hair flew in her face as she chased the dog. Eloise was barking, and Carly finally realized why. The yorkie was chasing something that looked a little like a seagull, but it was a little smaller.
    "Eloise!" Carly shouted. Eloise stopped running at the sound of Carly's voice. The daughter of Aphrodite caught up to her and picked her up. She dashed back to Amara and Hayley, holding a shaking puppy. Eloise was obviously scared by something, and Carly wondered what.

Carly reached the other two girls and apologized. "She just took off... sorry about that." She put the puppy down in the sand and told her never to do that again. Eloise nodded slightly as if she understood. Carly straightened up and smiled at the other girls. She didn't know excatly what to say, Hayley and Amara had carried on their conversation. The daughter of Aphrodite rubbed her flower-shaped necklace. Just in case the other girls even cared, Carly explained about it. "This necklace was given to me by my mother, Aphrodite. It can transform into a weapon." She wanted to transform it, but didn't want to show off. Hayley and Amara were probably unclaimed still, and Carly didn't want to annoy them. "So... how are you guys today?" It was a pretty stupid thing to say, but it was better than the strange silence. And the occasional monster growl and birds chirpping.
    Carly Stewart
    Carly Stewart
    Daughter of Aphrodite

Character sheet

Post  Carly Stewart Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:58 pm

POSEIDON - God of the Seas

Poseidon was making sure to keep all the beaches calm today. He made gentle waves and soft breezes. Everything was calm. Then, it hit him like a 2 ton boulder. The beach that he was working on was the one right on Mount Olympus! And that's not all-- his unclaimed daughter was there! With a flash of sea breeze, he appeared on the white sandy beach.

"Amara, I claim you as my daughter. Here, have this magic item." He said, handing his daughter a bracelet. It wuold transform into a weapon, but she'd have to find out which one. It also had an amazing power. Just for fun, Poseidon made an enourmous wave come up from the beach, 10 feet in the air and above Amara's head. He didn't let it drop on her, though. No, that wouldn't be nice. Instead, he smiled at his daughter and reappeared in the throne room of Mount Olympus, where he continued to keep the waters calm.

((Yeah... kind of a bad post, but congrats Amara! Very Happy))
    Amara Roldi
    Amara Roldi
    Daughter of Poseidon

Post  Amara Roldi Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:54 pm

"I am doing quite well on this fair afternoon," Amara replied to 'Hayley' as she pulled some of her hair behind her ear as it tried to fly away. The wind was seeming to pick up. The tide was looking a little strange as well.

"This beach is really nice. I'll admit that it is one of my favorite places to be," Amara spoke just as Carly returned with Eloise. Since the dog did not have anything in its mouth, she assumed that the dog was barking at a crab or something of the sort. Either way it would have been best to leave it where it was. Who knew what could have happened if they had messed with one of Poseidon's creatures. Even if they had, she hoped nothing too terrible would happen.

Carly explained something about her mother Aphrodite giving her the necklace she was playing with. Jealousy was very ugly, but Amara couldn't help but feel just a flicker of it in her heart. It had been over a year, and she hadn't even received a simple hello from her father knowing that he was her father. She looked to the ground for a moment, trying to crush the little green monster. When she was alright, she looked back up at the two girls just as Carly asked a question. However, Amara did not hear this question. Her eyes were glued to the man wearing the fishing outfit walking towards them. Instantly, she smiled at him. It was Lord Poseidon, the owner of the beach.

Poseidon spoke, but what he said was not expected. One second, she was unclaimed for a running year and literally the next she was the daughter of one of the most powerful Gods on Olympus. Amara's heart nearly stopped there, but he wasn't finished. Next thing she knew, he was handing her a bracelet made of small shells that could commonly be found on the beach.

As Amara slipped it on her wrist, she noticed there was one pearl which sat on the top side of her wrist. With her smile on her face, she spoke, "Oh thank you Lord Poseidon. Thank you oh so very much." She wanted nothing more than to hug her father, but she knew doing so would be inappropriate and possibly offensive. Just as soon as he was there though, he was gone. At least this time she had more to remember her father by than a voice.

Drip, a splash of water hit Amara's wrist as she was admiring her bracelet. She looked up only to see a wave lingering over her. Her eyes went wide, but it was slowly returning to the sea. It was nothing but a joke and she didn't mind.

Turning back to Hayley and Carly, Amara spoke: "I hate to leave you both like this, but I must go pack my things and move into my cabin!" Her voice was genuinely happy. This had been the first time since she had been rescued. At the same time though, there was something tugging at her heart. Was it resentment? Shaking the thought from her head, Amara ran off towards the Hermes cabin.

It would be the last time she would visit Hermes' cabin.

((TBH I was expecting Hermes!! :DD -happy dances- XDD))

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:20 am